Thursday 20 August 2009

Heart skipped a beat!!

Earlier tonight Stef and I went shopping (about 6pm) and on the way we saw a plume of smoke at the time we said that looks like it is near Dows (my husband works there and went to work at about 5-30pm never thought no more about it got home and took a quidk look on facebook and the first thing I saw was that someone said it was Dows that was on fire and there had been a couple of explosions well my heart skipped a beat if not two or three!!
My husband had been in a explosion in 1981 when I was pregnant with Stef.
As I was trying to ring to see if that was where the fire was my husband rang me to tell me that it was a warehouse next to Dows and that he was fine.
One of the buildings was a Grade two listed building that was part of a flax mill years ago.
Thnkfully I think that it was empty at the time. My hubbie said he could feel the heat from the flames as he parked the car on the carpark and walked across the compound to work.
After the week my hubbie has had that would have been the icing on the cake.

Marie

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Aw bless Dad :) pleased he's okay xxx